A key element of our courses is to develop attributes, skills and knowledge to enhance student opportunities of securing rewarding and fulfilling jobs once they have graduated from university.
The courses develop many transferable and practical skills including:
- the ability to evaluate and apply knowledge and concepts;
- developing logical and balanced arguments;
- performing well in interviews;
- communicating in professional contexts;
- making effective presentations;
- improving Excel skills;
- writing a professional CV;
- understanding the challenges and advantages of working in a culturally diverse environment;
- developing a business plan.
There is a full programme of talks from representatives of different career areas such as banks, financial services, legal firms, accountancy, politics and different branches of engineering. In addition, regular visits are arranged to give students a greater insight into their intended career paths. These include trips to the Houses of Parliament, the Bank of England, the Royal Institution, the Royal Courts of Justice and specialised exhibitions and museums.
Find out more about The Ten Skills Employers Most Want