In an increasingly competitive global market, the importance of developing language and business skills has never been greater. This course not only helps you to get the right job but also to help you to make a success of it and enhance your career prospects. If you are an employer, sending your staff to a course like this can also enhance performance and help achieve organisational goals.
There is no better place than London to study this course and we take advantage of our location in one of the most famous business centres by incorporating visits to commercial and financial institutions and workshops with professionals in different types of organisations.
Class sizes are small with a maximum of eight learners, allowing tutors to focus on the particular needs of each member of the group. We can also arrange tutoring on a one-to-one basis.
By the end of the course, students should be able to:
- Understand the concepts of Face-to-Face Communication, including the importance of language, gestures, body language and cultural differences when communicating.
- Produce a range of letters; produce a fax; produce a memo; produce a report.
- Appreciate telephone tactics and techniques; speak with confidence on the telephone and understand telephone messages clearly.
- Prepare a professional curriculum vitae and letter of Application. Understand job advertisements.
- Recognise the purpose of interviews. Carry out interviews. Understand different types of interviews.
- Consider the purpose and different types of meetings. Prepare for a meeting, including the agenda. Understand the terminology of meetings, motions and resolutions.
- Prepare and deliver a speech or presentation with clarity and confidence.
- Produce an article; produce a press release.
Length of course: Two or four weeks – 25 hours per week.
Entry requirements: An English level of at least B1 on the CEFR. If you are not sure whether or not your language level is sufficient to benefit from the course, then we will be happy to advise you.
We offer One to one Tutoring, please click here to find our more!